06 February 2009

I love wolves!




An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.


“A terrible fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed,arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, and false pride.The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, humility,Kindness, empathy, generosity, and honesty.

This same fight is going on inside you and inside every other person too."


The grandson thought about this for a moment and then

Asked his grandfather;

“Which wolf will win?”


The old Cherokee replied;

“The one that you feed”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not Cherokee. But I have to confess that lately, I've been feeding

the evil one a little more than I'm comfortable with. Why? I dunno. I'd

like to blame it on Plurk (lol) or peer pressure or something outside my

control...but I can't. I do it cos it makes me laugh, and I'm human. And

sometimes, people just piss me off and I feel like letting off steam. AND

it's FUN to watch other ppl get all pissed off at the person I am mad at!

hahahahaha!


But really, why? I mean, the ends do not justify the means. I'm still

giving into a side of me that I really don't like in others.


So what's a fun-loving girl to do? Continue to enjoy the drama? It's

like a train wreck sometimes...I find it hard to look away! But I like

the idea of "....joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy,

generosity, and honesty" much more than I do "...anger, envy, sorrow,

regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, and false pride."


Ok, I'm going to go whip up some nice blueberry pancakes with butter

and maple syrup to feed the good wolf. I'm sure I'll feed the evil one a

little snack every now and then. ;-)


have a fun day!

Joonie

3 comments:

  1. I love this.. I just shared it with my office

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Don't feel bad for feeding the evil wolf from time to time, it's tough to watch a starving animal so it's only natural that all of us sometimes feed the evil one... as long as you feed the other one more, you'll be fine :D Mmm pancakes... ditch both wolves and give 'em to me! (Guess that's my greedy wolf speeking lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that story! It is easy to feed that evil wolf, especially when others are doing it and I'm getting a laugh out of it. But you are right, I don't like it in others, so....does that mean I am nto gonna like myself very much if I continue? Great reminder that what we focus on is what grows.

    And oh, can you pass the syrup? :)

    Love you JJ!
    xoxo
    PDV

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog