29 June 2010

Fashion Fest 2010 - RFL

I was going to do some sort of fashion post. And I still am. But with a little more substance. Starting July 2 and ending July 11, Fashion Fest 2010 will be hitting the runway in SL. This is a Relay for Life event benefitting the American Cancer Society.

Yes, I know that RFL seems to have gone on forever. And I've heard the complaint that people are "benefitted" out. I was feeling the same way. This year, I have the honor and privilege of Chairing Live Music for Fashion Fest. My responsibilities consist of booking the musicians and finding hosts to help.

I would say 95% of the musicians and managers I spoke to were more than willing to help out. The hosts are mostly from the amazing friends I have. There were some who responded enthusiastically and others that did not respond at all.

This experience so far has been one of complete amazement at the love and support and generosity of heart by so many people, and of shock and disappointment at the indifference of some others. Many of these people who are helping at this event are cancer patients, cancer survivors, caregivers, and those like myself who have lost someone they love to this terrible disease.

I don't like coming from a place of fear. The truth is: 
Approximately 1500 people die each day in the United States due to cancer. About 3,400 people are diagnosed with cancer each day in the U.S. (American Cancer Society)
I'd like to give a shout out to the following people have donated their time and energy to RFL - American Cancer Society in SL.

Musicians:

MAX KLEENE
DAMIEN CARBENELL
TWINGHOST RONAS
SOJURN ROSSINI
SKYE GALAXY
GABRYEL NYOKI
THE FOLLOW
GREG COLBURN
FROGG MARLOWE
HARPER MESSMER
CRAIGLYONS WRITER
NOMA FALTA
PHEMIE ALCOTT
STRUM DIESEL
ENGRAMA
KELLEE BLAYLOCK
TERRYLYNN MELODY
KEEBA TAMMAS
PORTER PAQUOT
ELIZ WANTANABE
ERICSAMPSON SWANSONG
ERIN68 FROG
SHASTA SOULSTAR
FADLIN HUNCKE
SCARLETTALA ROUX


Hosts:

Skeat Abonwood
Eva Bonner
Poppy McDunnough
Markus Ember & Faith Quinote
Kate Brimm
Maali Beck
Pinky Devinna
Eden Knoller
Elektra Panthar
Armany Thursday
Bourque Rau
Kimmie Reyna
Yamis Jewell
Keltie Mavendorf
Tessa1 Beck
Knightbar Jewel
Lizzie Lexington
Nyna Slate
Chestnut Rau
Lo Bloch
bigd Flanagan

If you see these people out on the grid, please give them a hug and say thank you. They might be helping to save your life and/or someone's you love.

JJ

1 comment:

  1. Joonie, this is going to be a great event. I am looking forward to it! So people are getting a little tired of RFL...I bet the ppl who have cancer or whose loved one does are tired of that. So, we relay!

    You have done so much work putting this together! The musicians list looks amazing and the hosts, well, they look pretty amazing too!! :D

    Thank you Joonie for stepping up to such a huge responsibility. You are a shining star and RFL in SL and hte All-Stars are lucky to have someone so dedicated and committed. I betcha your mom is pretty proud right about now. Love and big hugs to you, Joon.

    xoxo,
    PDV

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog