22 January 2009

Another Quote! :)

This quote was shared with me tonight by someone I care a lot about.
Thank you....
“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”
JM
I guess the caveat is....it doesn't have to be shared all over the internet! LOL
Have an awesome day!
Joonie
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Aah, I love this quote, I have it on my blog too, somewhere in the beginning :) Btw&completely unrelated - you look smoking hawt in all the recent pics, think it's the AO or something but the look you have in them is always kinda like as if you wanted to share a secret noone else knows, it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO have a secret...and if you'll come a little closer...I'll tell you what it is! ;-)

    bwahahahaha

    ok, i digress. I love that quote, too! I didn't know you had in on your blog. Figures, tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I love this quote!! And second Bitter's comment about smokin' hawt Joonie! :D

    This would explain why we are all going around trying to deaden ourselves with drink, food, internet, tv, shopping, etc. in the hope we don't have to feel it. We have come to the conclusion that feeling any pain at all is bad.

    But really, pain comes because we are human and everyone has it. If we let it inform our lives, and we get OK with it being around, we will be much more authentic, we will know what we feel and what we need, adn we can leave all that other crap behind.

    Now, if I can just do what I jsut said....

    Thanks for the great quote, Joon!
    xoxo
    PDV

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog