19 March 2009

Can't Go Back Now

Yesterday, when you were young,
Everything you needed done was done for you.
Now you do it on your own
But you find you're all alone,
What can you do?

You and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now.

You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step,
The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get

But you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now

And yeah, yeah, go where you want to go
Be what you want to be,
If you ever turn around,
you'll see me.

I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself

And you and me walk on
Yeah you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now
Walk on, walk on, walk on
You can't go back now

The Weepies
~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Good Things

All good things. (All good things.)
All good things. (All good things.)

Not sure where to go,
Everybody I know,
Says I'm too forgiving.
And now that I'm gone,
I don't wanna move on,
I just keep reliving.

All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you,
All good things. (All good things.)
Come to an end.
All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you well.

Lost inside of my head,
Empty side of the bed,
I feel this place without you.
I keep pushing the bruise,
'Cause I don't want to lose, What I love about you.

All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you,
All good things. (All good things.)
Come to an end.
All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you well...

I could think of a million ways,
You've proved you're not the one.
So live inside of your shades of gray,
And nevermind the sunshine that I'll find.

I got so much space now,
I got a whole house,
With the wind blowing through.
I don't need somewhere to hide, I got this whole world inside,
I was accustomed to showing you.

All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you,
All good things. (All good things.)
Come to an end.
All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you well...
All good things. (All good things.)
Ohhhh, ohh, ohh
All good things. (All good things.)
Ohh, ohh, ohh
All good things. (All good things.)
Oh I wish you well.

The Weepies - All Good Things
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music. I love music. All kinds really. It amazes me how it has the ability to lift me up and tear me down. It's not just the melody, although that certainly contributes to the overall effect, but the words. Sometimes I want to say something and I just don't know how to put it into words. And then a song is played and I'm like...That's it!! That's it!!

I wish I was better able to communicate my feelings to you..to others..without having to post song lyrics. But hey...why rewrite perfection. =)

I also go on jags where I listen to one musician over all others for a while. Like John Mayer or now, the Weepies. Love their melancholy sound and harmony. It's not really slit your wrist music/lyrics, but just enough introspection to make it touch my heart and head....and feel that sadness well up inside me. Sometimes I need music to get to it. I work hard to keep the wall up, to deny my feelings. They can be too painful to acknowledge. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

But the music helps me get them out and then I'm more able to move on. I wonder if this makes sense to anyone but me. Maybe I'm just weird. *giggles*

Hugs
JJ

4 comments:

  1. I know! Music is the best thing in the world, it can say so much on so many levels... can't imagine my life without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes perfect sense to me, Joonie! Music is it for me too, and like Bitter, I could not imagine life without it. It opens up places that i didn't even know were in there and does work in me I probably don't even know about or understand.

    Love the Weepies! Love your blog! Love you!!
    Happy Friday Joonie!
    xoxo PDV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Joonie I actually love/admire that sentence:

    "I wish I was better able to communicate my feelings to you..to others..without having to post song lyrics. But hey...why rewrite perfection. =)

    It says so many things. Thanks a lot for that thinking and for your dellicious jukebox. You've made me really happy with it!

    Tr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew the 3 of you would understand! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog