22 December 2009

La Reve by Robert M. Novick

i wait at la reve,
in the darkened dreamscape,

I wait for your flight
to float you to me once more,

i watched your shadow against the wall

and saw the stories of infinite love cast,

 
i wait at la reve,
for the sound of your voice,

the scent of your skin,

your rhythm so precise and vital,

i scan the edges of all my dreams,
for a glimpse of your haunting beauty,
the leaves silently sink through the air
through the damp crispness,
i hear the echoes
from the longing in your eyes,

the trees twist through twilight,

the wind breathes once more,


i wait at la reve,

and search the images,

there is an imprint upon my soul,
a burning in my heart,
light through dark,
and all is revealed,


i wait at la reve,

to say everything with a subtle glance,

a caress, a smile, and silence

 
i wait

at la reve

all clumsy and stuttered,

picking through twigs

to find words to send,

the hollow wind washes me,



the moon settles

and then there are stars.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog