28 August 2009

The End?

A friend sent me the following youtube vid. Said it reminded her of what she was feeling in her SL relationship. We've all been there. As much as we might feel for someone in SL, it's so difficult to pick up on things the other person might be feeling, or not feeling, through chat/im. To try to have an SL relationship using only chat/im is asking for all kinds of missed cues like body language and voice intonations. But people do it all the time. I just don't see any long term success. Eventually, voice or phone or cam has to be put into play.

So what about those who want to keep their SL and RL totally separate? I don't know really. I think if you can view the relationship as one for fun only and nothing serious, it can be done. My experience is that eventually, one of the parties involved wants more than the other one. One may want RL even though it has been agreed upon in the beginning that that will not happen. And that is the beginning of the end.

Here's to you, you know who you are! I hope things work out for you. *hugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog