06 April 2010

A Place

I was ready to log off when I realized I hadn't taken a pic yet. I had no idea what I was going to do, so I went exploring. I found...nothing. Nothing new anyway. I was ready to give up when I did a bit of profile perving and found this place in someone's picks. It's called Woods of Whimsy. This is how it is described when you add it to picks.

A Tolkien-inspired park curently featuring an educational recreation of
Stonehenge circa 1500 BCE. While you're here, take a walk through the
woods and discover a fantastical world of beauty.
I would have to agree.


I needed a place to just be for a while and look back a little bit, look at today, and wonder about tomorrow. That reminded me of this poem. The author is Unknown.

There are two days in every week
that we should not worry about
two days that should be kept free
from fear and apprehension

One is yesterday
with its mistakes and cares,
its faults and blunders
its aches and pains
Yesterday is past forever
beyond our control
all the money in the world
cannot bring back yesterday.
we cannot undo a certain act
or take back a word we've said-
Yesterday is gone!
The other day we shouldn't
worry about is tomorrow-
with its impossible adversaries,
its burdens, its hopeful promises,
and poor performance.
Tomorrow's sun
will either rise in splendor

or behind a mask of clouds,
but it will rise
and until it does,
we have no stake in tomorrow,
for it is yet unknown.
This leaves only one day-
Today
Any person can fight the battle
for just one day
it is only when we add
the burdens of yesterday
and tomorrow that we break down
the sadness comes not from
the experience of today
but the remorse of bitterness
for something which happened
yesterday
and the dread of what
tomorrow may bring.


Want to visit? Click here to see the Woods of Whimsy =)

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog